This meeting has occurred; you can see the video here.
- Our monthly hybrid (in-person and virtual) joint (5B06 and 5C07) SMD meeting.
- We’ll have presentations from the Commissioners, a presentation on at least one zoning case for Green Valley Apartments
- Any other community updates or suggestions welcome; agenda below
This is a joint meeting of SMDs 5B06 and 5C07 to be held on 05/24/2023 starting at 7pm. The meeting will be hybrid; in person at Woodridge Library and virtually over Microsoft Teams.
Single-Member District meetings are:
- optional outreach efforts by Commissioners
- per cultural norms, a precondition to bring official actions to 5B and 5C
- a chance to discuss issues with their immediate constituents
- not a venue for any official actions
- more common in some parts of DC than others
Why are these joint meetings?
Commissioner Piekara and I do joint meetings because our community is split down the center by the Commission boundary along Rhode Island Ave, the epicenter of our community’s housing production, retail/commercial activity, and street safety issues. Most obligatory ANC casework in our SMDs is shared by ANCs 5B and 5C with both being affected/party ANCs; having a joint meeting provides cross-pollinated awareness of both Commission’s activities and avoids redundant meetings on the same topics.
The meeting will be at Woodridge Library (1801 Hamlin St. NE), upstairs in Conference Room B. The room has a 20-person capacity.
Notes for folks there physically:
- Presence in the meeting room is consent to be recorded and made part of the meeting record (without the luxury of mute/video-off buttons)
- You may want to join on your phones in the room to have access to the chat and other online tools online participants have access to.
Virtual Connection Details
The meeting will be available virtually on Microsoft Teams.
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
- Click here to join the meeting
- Meeting ID: 223 651 184 26
- Passcode: yCndRL
Notes for folks there virtually:
- Mind your mute and video-off buttons; opening access is consent to be recorded and made part of the meeting record
- Our audio equipment isn’t particularly high-end; crosstalk in the room will admittedly be hard to follow on the line sometimes even when we’re doing our best
- There won’t always be someone on camera; we know it’s annoying to watch an empty whiteboard, but we’re juggling a lot of stuff
Or call in (audio only)
- +1 206-420-0854,,955959030# (United States, Seattle)
- Phone Conference ID: 955 959 030#
Feel free to reach out if you have suggestions for this agenda! Given the informal nature of of SMD meetings, this agenda is flexible and may change anytime.
- Community updates
- Update from Langdon Park Neighbors on their events
- Update from Allison Clausen on efforts to preserve the Paper Street Forest Patch
- Update from Friends of South Dakota Ave NE (FoSDANE), including a debrief on the May 11th site visit by CM Parker and Director Lott.
- Presentation on Green Valley Apartments, 2412 Franklin St NE; BZA case (20948) for renovation of a nonconforming building
- A debrief from the Commissioners on ANC 5B and 5C actions
I can’t guarantee perfect conveyence of information to every stakeholder on every occasion, but I do my best to both diversify outreach and log all of it for auditability. I’m also available through the contact methods on the footer of this webpage.
|routine scheduling||This is the recurring 5B06/5C07 meeting on the month’s fourth Wednesday; meetings on this date and time should be expected|
|website||This meeting information page was first posted to this website on 5/13/2023 around 8pm ET; it’s also linked from the embedded (and subscribable) 5C07 calendar and from the 5C website.|
|social media||On the morning of 5/23, I posted about this to Twitter, Nextdoor, and the Brookland DC Facebook group; Theresa W. also posted to Woodridge DC Neighbors|
|direct email||This meeting was mentioned in the 5C07 May update email. I mention meetings in my monthly newsletters which I try to dispatch a few days before the Full-Commission meetings (around ten days before joint SMD meetings); subscribe now if you haven’t!|
|paper flyer||I list meetings in my monthly dispatch flyers, which I usually refresh a few days before Full-Commission meetings.|
|email listservs||I do not currently make use of email group listservs for meeting notices; if there is one that seems especially relevant to the 5C07 boundaries, please let me know.|