This meeting has occurred; you can view the video here.
- Our semi-monthly joint (5B06 and 5C07) SMD meeting.
- The special scheduling is to accomodate a DDOT ask to present to a meeting on RIA/Thayer
- The meeting will be entirely virtual
This is a joint meeting of SMDs 5B06 and 5C07 to be held on 12/20/2023 starting at 7pm. The meeting will be all virtual over Microsoft Teams.
Single-Member District meetings are:
- optional outreach efforts by Commissioners
- per cultural norms, a precondition to bring official actions to 5B and 5C
- a chance for Commissioners to discuss issues with their immediate constituents
- not a venue for any official actions
- more common in some parts of DC than others
Why are these joint meetings?
Commissioner Piekara and I do joint meetings because our community is split down the center by the Commission boundary along Rhode Island Ave, the epicenter of our community’s housing production, retail/commercial activity, and street safety issues. Most obligatory ANC casework in our SMDs is shared by ANCs 5B and 5C with both being affected/party ANCs; having a joint meeting provides cross-pollinated awareness of both Commission’s activities and avoids redundant meetings on the same topics.
There will be no physical location for December.
Virtual Connection Details
The meeting will be available virtually on Microsoft Teams.
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
- Click here to join the meeting
- Meeting ID: 223 651 184 26
- Passcode: yCndRL
Notes for folks there virtually:
- Mind your mute and video-off buttons; opening access is consent to be recorded and made part of the meeting record
Or call in (audio only)
- +1 206-420-0854,,955959030# (United States, Seattle)
- Phone Conference ID: 955 959 030#
Feel free to reach out if you have suggestions for this agenda! Given the informal nature of of SMD meetings, this agenda is flexible and may change anytime.
- DDOT presentation and Q&A on RIA/Thayer
- (possible: applicant presentation on 2001 Rhode Island Ave NE)
- public comments/questions
I can’t guarantee perfect conveyence of information to every stakeholder on every occasion, but I do my best to both diversify outreach and log all of it for auditability. I’m also available through the contact methods on the footer of this webpage.
|While this does not comport with the routine scheduling of fourth Wednesdays, it is taking the place of the routine Full-Commission meetings, which generally occur on Third Wednesdays for both 5B and 5C; both Commissions are in recess for December
|This meeting information page was first posted to this website on 12/4/2023 around 10pm ET; it’s also linked from the embedded (and subscribable) 5C07 calendar and from the 5C website.
|I posted about RIA/Thayer and this meeting on Twitter/X on 12/4 and on 12/11, the Brookland DC Facebook group, and on the Woodridge DC Neighbors Facebook group.
|RIA/Thayer was the top topic on my December newsletter, and I included the details about this meeting as well.
|This issue and meeting are covered by my December dispatch flyer as well as purpose-made flyers for RIA/Thayer that I included on the back of those, standalone, and posted around the intersection.